Need help for psychological intervention
I am working as a therapist in an autistic child program and our treatment is for free but i need to enhance and develop more my knowledge about psychological interventions and behavioral analysis. We have a 5 year-old patient diagnosed as having global developmental delay. my concern is that, everytime we have a floortime activity, i noticed that he always wanted to touch my legs and slowly touching his penis and starting to ride on my legs. when i will try to stop him, he'll get angry and start to tantrum. do you have any idea why he always do it? what do you think is the best way to intervene and how?
I wish I had some advise, but I don't. Maybe someone else here has a better idea.  I think trying to distract him with something that he enjoys more (favorite toy or food) may help, but that's a guess.
If you want to change a behavior, you need to look at what the function of that behavior is.  Functions of behavior could be:  gaining attention, avoiding a task/demand, gaining access to something tangible, and the last is sensory stimulation.  There are various data collection forms to use to determine function of behavior.  One I use is an ABC data sheet.  The A=Antecedent, B=Behavior and C=Consequence.   Do you have access to a Behavior Analyst as part of your treatment team?  That would be the best person to use as a resource for identifying the function of this behavior and formulating a plan for how to change it.    I would look into any workshops that involve Applied Behavior Analysis, Functional Assessment and Behavior Interventions.
Thanks a lot! I really need some supervision and learning in terms of behavioral analysis.