Autism Community
Parents with children with Autism

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Parents with children with Autism

I have a questions for parents, who have children with Autism.

What would make your everyday life easier? What is the average day like? What would make your life easier will dealing with Autism?

I am doing a project and need some information, if you dont' mind!

You can name products that aren't even real (yet). What do you do to make life easier? and tricks or homemade devices? What do your children use to get through the day?

Thank you so much!
Bubbles! They are the answer to everything... bubbles and balls. My boys love both of them and after theyve had 5-10mins of bubbles or tossing a ball, then they are good
I have 4 children and 3 are on the spectrum so my days are crazy hectic at times. Lol The one thing I would love to have is a alert system. Something I can clip on my kids that makes a tone if they get tofar away from me. Two of my kids are runners due to the autism and the baby is 18 months so he wanders off.
Haha that would be great. Luckily my 5yr old's running days have slowly faded away but my 2yr old frightens me. He doesnt care about where he is if given the chance he will go wherever he wants when he wants. I literally have to pin him between myself and the car because of it. Hes not been officially diagnosed yet but Im thinking hes somewhere on the spectrum too.
BRI, I have been watching number 4 like a hawk to. I plan to have him tested when he's old enough just in case. My oldest 3 (all from my 1st marriage) & my husband's oldest ( from a previous relationship) are all already on the spectrum. So I figure it won't hurt. Besides, the new research saysthat once you have a child diagnosed, the chances of younger siblings being on the spectrum increase. So I totally feel you.
Ive heard of that new research and am just praying that my 4wk old proves it wrong. Hes already rolling side to side and from back to front - both things neither my 5 or 2 yr old did until late. And my four week old is trying to hold his bottle already.
Fingers crossed for you. I am expecting number 5 & even though I know my oldest developed totally typically until he was 2, I am already comparing this pregnancy to theirs. Like there might be some clue. Lol I know, nutty huh? Lol
Not nutty at all I was the same way lol. Hell I was swearing that I was having a girl through the whole thing despite being told otherwise. My 8yr old daughter is smart as a whip in 3rd grade taking 4th grade equivalent classes. My OBGYN had me tested for Fragile X because of her but that came back negative. So Im just perplexed on what happened. One of my friends just made me feel better by saying "God wouldn't give to you what you couldn't handle..."

To which I replied with "Yeah but if Karma had a hand in it, it became payback cause I know I was a hellion as a kid." Lol
Lmao that's like when our parents said they hoped we had kids as bad as we were, they never thoughtababout baby sitting lol