Autism Community
Sensory Processing Help?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sensory Processing Help?

So, I could use some advice. I have some Autism spectrum disorder, not sure which. The ultimate problem is that for the whole of my life, all physical contact (including just by myself, liek when bathing) causes only extreme, sharp pain. Like a sunburn or a rash, that gets worse in the more sensitive areas. The pain is so intense that i can make myself reflex badly, yanking away or curling up against the pain, which vanishes as soon as the agent is removed.

is this common? If so, what is the treatment? And how important is it for me to see a therapist to help me deal with this hell that i'm fairly certain will isolate me from everyone...I mean i cant even get hugs, they hurt too much. I worry I may lose touch with reality, eventually. I just dont have the first clue how to fix things.
Tags: sensory, seizure disorder, sensory processingory pain, skin pain, Pain