Autism Community
Short Stature and Lupron use

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Short Stature and Lupron use

I have a 11 yer old daughter who began her period at about 10 years and 11 months.  She is only 4'8".  Her bone age at that time was 12.5 years.  She is considered in the norm for puperty with advanced bone age.  Were were referred to a specialist who advised the use of lupron injections to stop puperty to allow for more potential for growth.  In the research I have done I could not find anything that supported this.  I do feel her quality will be effected if she remains this short, but do not want to put her through such injections without the evidence to support.  Please help!  Thank You!
Avatar n tn
I sent you a message.