Slowing down in speech development
My 9 month old son was saying "mama" and "dada" at 6-7 months and seemed to be progressing normally.  He now no longer will say "mama" or "dada" and seems to do more incoherent babbling.  He has yet to learn clapping or engage in peek-a-boo.  I also see he like to slap his hand on a hard surface in front of him, like a table or his high chair tray.

When I hold him, he won't make eye contact and in fact goes out of his way to avoid looking at me, though I try to put my face in front of him (he turns away). He's very squirmy and doesn't hold eye contact for long.

But he smiles and laughs a lot when we interact with him, and his physical development (crawling, pulling up) is great.  Are there any concerns with the speech "regression" and are any of his other behaviors a concern for autism?  I know it's early - I just don't know what's typical 9 month old, and what could be early warning signs.  I was 38 when I had him.
Hi,  I think your child started saying mama and dada very early.  My kids were way behind that (one with a delay and one without).  At this time, I wouldn't be worried.  Remember too that a child that has a great burst of verbal is usually slows on the physical growth and a child that is having a growth period with motor skills can slow with verbal which is normal.  Keep talking to him all the time-----  and MOST babies at 9 months are babbling only.  Peek a boo and such games are more common at 12 months where they really start to get into it.  

I'd just moniter the situation-----  I think not making eye contact AND not socializing would be an issue more so than just eye contact.  But you could certainly bring that up at your next baby well check.  Good luck.