Autism Community
Vaccinations????

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Vaccinations????

Does anyone have a vacination schedule that is not from the CDC? I know there is one out there I just cant find it! I have no problem giving my son his shots I just want to spread them out as much as possible. I WILL NOT give him 5-8 different vaccinations at one time!!!! We go a week from today for his 2 month apointment and I am just wondering. He was born on 06-07-08 so he is actually almost 3 months so even better!!! Also a friend of mine detox's her kids after each round of shots....any info on that?
I would not vaccinate a child until AFTER the age of two years. This is to allow the immune system to fully develop. You do not have to have a child vaccinated to enter school. My autistic son is 30 years old and if I had it to do over, I would not have vaccinated him at all but would have used homeopathic nosodes. Thuja is a homeopathic remedy used to counter vaccine effects if you do choose to vaccinate.  On the internet please search for the pdf version of The Seat of the Soul: The Origins of the Autism Epidemic . This will explain what happens in the gut and immune system , etc.
Be careful out there. You are the advocate for your child and his future.
Eldermom
I agree that 5-8 in one shot does sound a bit extreme.  I don't recall having that many in a shot in my life time....  You can try Eldermom's suggestion about waiting and see if you can get 1 at a time (and free of Thermisol).  As far as whether autism is "caused" by vaccines that seems to be debatable and I'm not sure either way.
I've read convincing evidence on both sides.

Some people haven't been vaccinated and still are autistic and there are many who have been vaccinated that don't become autistic.  If your child turns out to be autistic even after trying all those things it isn't the end of the world. And don't blame yourself over it.  There does seem to be a genetic relationship regardless of whether you think it is autism or a sensitivity to chemicals that may make autism more pronounced...

If your child is autistic like, there may be a chance you or your husband may be too, or someone in the family lines.  With me I notice similarities with my parents as well as an uncle I had on dad's side.  If there is any truth to the vaccine arguement (big if)

I think there is a natural degree of "autism" or autistic like tendencies (Read the INTJ personality profile in the Myer Briggs personality profile), but perhaps the shots may make it more pronounced.  That may be part why there is such a spectrum.  But this is all my speculation taking stuff from both sides of the vaccine arguement.  Have fun looking up and reading stuff from both ends.  It's quite entertaining btw to see how polarized people get when supporting their viewpoint on whether or not vaccines "cause" autism.  I think somewhere in the middle may be closer to the truth.
You should report your doctor to someone if he/she is suggesting over 5 shots at once.  I have a typically developing 2 year old who has been vaccinated on the typical schedule.  She had no more than 4 shots at one time.  In looking at the CDC schedule, it looks like the most they recommend is 5.  Any dr. suggesting over 5 is going against the CDC schedule and should be reported to his/her authorities.  PS.  Thimerisol has been out of every shot (except the flu vaccine) since 2001 so you don't have to worry about that.