aspergers and sexual behaviour
my 11 yr old grandson diagnosed with Aspergers, has been exhibiting frequent erections for some time.  We do not know if he is initiating it or it is involuntary.  He lives with his mother and 9 yr old brother and the boys still bath together.  Their father does not think this is appropriate under the circumstances and has asked our opinion regarding the "bath time" and the erection frequency.  They have had a very good "sex education" talk and the boy is very open and seeminly honest with his answers, but we are not sure how the "erection" issue was handled.  Their father is very concerned regarding him and the younger brother and broaching the subject with their mother from whom he is separated and in another State.
Autistic children often "self-stimulate". It isn't always sexual, but it can be. When my daughter was in 2nd or 3rd grade she went through a phase where she was constantly rubbing herself. We tried to curb the behavior but it took quite awhile. 9 and 11 are definately too old to be bathing together. Kids that age need privacy. What is the mother's reasoning behind bathing them together?
Thank you, that confirms our suspicions that this is what could be happening.  Totally agree with the "bathing" and will get our son (the father) to ask some questions of the mother and make a non negotiable statement re bathing.