Autism Community
autism and Synacthen Depot shot

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

autism and Synacthen Depot shot

I have a nephew and he is 6 now. He has speaking problem. since he is 1.5 years old he is going to doctors to doctors. One of the doctors says that he has excess of electric waves in his brain after taking EEG test and he suggest the Synacthen Depot shot for 12 days. I am wondering if anybody know that if Synacthen Depot medicine is safe to use it. Doctor also said that after 12 shots he will take another EEG and then compare with 1st one and decide if child needs more or not.  I will really appreciate if anybody comment on this medicine and how long is safe to use it for child.
Best Regards