Autism Community
autistic daughter see's mom having sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

autistic daughter see's mom having sex

About a year ago, I think my 9 year old autistic daughter seen me having sex with my boyfriend.  At the time i wasn't sure if she seen me doing this or not and now I know she had.  As I don't know where else this behavior is coming from.  She is drawing stick figure people still, and she drew one of a boy and the other a girl and having sex.  She pulled down her pants, both under and jeans, outside at school one day and tried to pull down a friends, girl, pants at school.  What can I do?  I feel so bad and can't stop crying over this.  She can't communicate to me that she had seen me having sex but by the drawings and her actions at school, I am taking a good guess that she had.  I crumbled the paper up that she drew on and told her no more pee-pee.  No more pulling pants down.  She seems to understand as she says to me "sorry" with a sad tone in her voice.  I tell her mommy is sorry and my daughter is upset because she see's me crying over this.  I  have not punished her or told her she was bad because she isn't bad.  What else can I do?  I feel like the worst parent in the world and am having a very difficult time controling my depression over this.  
Tags: autistic, sex, daughter sees mom having sex
Hi!
What happened was really unfortunate, both for your daughter and for you. She has probably taken is as a thing one can normally do at any age. I would suggest you consult her doctor and discuss this. Your daughter would need special counseling to understand this and it would also help you to understand this process to avoid any misunderstandings and confusion in your daughter’s mind. Also, please stop blaming yourself (easier said than done I know!) and talk to her doctor, so that both of you can put this behind you! Take care!
Thank you for your reply. My daughter seems to be ok but doesn't want to leave me, not even for school.  Being that she is Autistic, all I can do is tell her mom
Hmy is very sorry as she doesn't understand anything else.  I am taking her to a Dr. to do some "drawing" therapy, as this is how she is communicating with me about this.  You are right, it's much easier to tell myself to forgive myself then to actually do it.  I still am very upset and can't stop crying over it.  
Have a Blessed New Year,