Autism Community
boyfriend with autism...

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

boyfriend with autism...

my boyfriend has autism, he's one of the most loving lads ever, he's so kind and just amazing! but when someone annoys him, he snaps real easy and goes nuts, he's often smashed things up and like trashed the house, and other times when he's teasy he will run out of the house and shout if anyone follows he will... kill himself:'(
im not scared of him, and im not scared that he would ever hurt me, or any of his friends and family. but i am very worried about him? he always talks to me, and says that he is scared of what the 'voices' tell him to do, and sometimes he cant help but do what the voices tell him to.
he is currently attending a social group thing every monday&tuesday, but his advisor is also very worried about him.
he doesnt get like this alot, and he is controlling it alot easier now, please help?
Tags: Autism, boyfriend, worried, scared
Hi i have a 9 yearold son with asd and verbal dysprixa now he cant say much but if he did at any point in his life tell me he is hearing voices i would have him to the gp asap.Autism is a funny thing and works on diffrent people diffrent ways so please get him to a doctor who will prob refer him someone who can help him.please let me no how things go.
Hearing voices is not an autistic trait. Hallucinations are schizophrenic traits.  If he's decompensating he should get a psych eval and put on meds.  It's possible he's lying about the voices to avoid responsibility.

The hot temper and poor choices are autistic.  The behavior you describe is dangerous and you are not safe. You should be afraid.  You are not his therapist and you cannot fix him.  A person who dates someone with mental health problems is not healthy himself.  You should break off and get therapy.