Autism Community
is this sighns of autism

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

is this sighns of autism

My cousin who I visit almost everyday has 2 children the first is now 4 and has always been talkative and a fast learner were her son who is now 1 and a half don't  speak a tall occasionally will say da da and wow he seems 2 always push his tongue out his mouth an d looks as tho he's chewing it pushing it out and he also always does this thing with his hands say how you would imagine 2 do a shadow puppet he always does that opening and closing his hands fast constantly he's very difficult to bond with but he follows his mum around everywere and he is extremely shy he shys away soon as u shout his name covering his face and rubbing his eyes I feel there may be something wrong with him but then other times I think no he's jus a baby who's a slow learner could anyone who knows any syptoms (symptoms) for me to look out 4 or see if I can notice anything that can help indicate a little more I don't know if I'm just worrying its just very hard 2 have the conversation with my cousin as she says he's fine, another thing is once the television has his attention he won't look at you even if you pick him up and try shout his name he jus stays focused oin the tv even if its not a kids programme even chat shows its very confusing please comment if you know what I should look out for or anything I could do 2 help as he is only 18 months old thanks  
Some of the behaviour you have mentioned could mean that the child has developmental delay. Things like flapping of hands and poor eye contact. It is best to get the hold assessed at an Early intervention centre or with a child psychiatrist. Remember earlier you diagnose and provide therapy , you will see faster improvement.
My daughter went through a period of time where she chewed on her tongue a lot. She is on the spectrum and I believe this was her stimming. It's hard to say anything definitely without meeting the child, but it's a possibility.