Autism Community
mild autism

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

mild autism

Is there mild forms of autism?  I am asking because my nephew is 3 years old.  His actions baffle me.  He does not cuddle and shows no affection at all.  He is just now learning to talk and he growls when he talks, and once his mind is on something, he repeats the same sentence over and over again.  It seems you cannot get him off of the subject.  Also, he is constantly in to something that he isn't supposed to be and it does not matter how you punish him, he shows no emotion, and goes right back to doing exactly what got him into trouble in the first place.  I just don't understand.  It is hard to explain all of his actions, but my other 2 nephews (his brothers) are nothing like that and my kids are nothing like that.  Can someone give me some options if there is a problem, but maybe not autism.  Thank you for taking time to answer my question!!! I really appreciate it!!
Tags: Autism
I am sorry for  this situation, It sounds really autismo or something like that, My daugther was diagnostic with PDD NOS a variety of autism so i can tell you that you should look for help soon but really soon, the earlier the better, dont waste any time is very important the teraphy at this  ages because the brain is more flexible to adapt good behaviors. Visit a institucion specilist in autism or a developmental pediatrician or  a psicology but both specialist in autism, this is very importan. I wasted  time paying attention to my daugther's pediatrician telling me that everything was fine, fortunally one day diceded to look for another help and i found my daugther problem. Please, its very importan that his family read a lot about autism and how to re-direct his behavior. He has echolalia when he repeat the same sentences again and again in not funtional way. I used to see how the terapist worked to my daugther and repet the same thing a home.Dont be afraid of the diagnostic its just importan  the diagnostic because he can get school service if he is  3 years old, he need to get the public preschool service soon, the school must  give to him all the teraphy that he needs, please help your nephew now, not later, it really help  for this kind of sindrome (syndrome)  to get theraphy at this ages,and visit more than one GOOD SPECIALIST. My daugther now at 4 1/2 years old is very tipical child now She is out of the diagnostic, but 3 specialist say that is because we start working with her since she was 2 1/2 and my husband and me re-direct all the time her behavior and repeat the teraphy that she was taken at tha time. Sorry for my english, I hope you understand my message. Good luck