my 2 years and 7 months old baby doesn't speak
my 2 years and 7 months old baby doesn't speak words, however she understands things, she counts 1-10 and repeats alphabets and also she repeats very few words which we ask for. I am worried as will she be able to speak in future or she has an hearing problem?............Please guide.........
Where do u live & what's does your pediatrician say...
I have a 27 month girl and she already using 4 word sentence when she wants something......
Here in the u.s we have intervention programs and head starts..."school"
And non profit organization you could take your little one to check on their hearing......
I live in Delhi, India and My pediatrician suggested me to consult speech therapist and I visited speech therapist also. He says she will talk in few months after attending few sessions, however, i dont see any change in my daughter after attending 5 sessions also. She imitates all the things but dont speak.......pls guide..
Does she likes lining stuff....
She plays with other kids...
My baby girl love playing pretend....
Her brother has speech delay and his in autistic class he gets speech and ot occupational therapy ....he still doesn't express him self very well but his doing better...it might take a while for your girl to start talking...I put my son in preschool when he was 4 1/2...he didn't say much and he would get really frustrated..... Now his 6 years and his doin much better... He never did any of the things my daughter is doing at this age...so everything my daughter does  amazes  me....
Kids that are autistic tend to mimic sounds and repeat what people say...
They like to line up toys...and taste things that there not supposed to...some are really picky eaters and can't stand loud noises..they tend to cover their ears...has your daughter been diagnose with autisim or is it to early to tell or is just speech delay?
I visited my Pediatrician again and he suggested me to go to psychiatrist for her complete Psycho logic evaluation. I did that and my psychiatrist found after her complete evaluation that she has Expressive Speech Delay and motor coordination is not fully developed. So she referred us to a speech therapist and suggested us few exercises. Do you think that this recommendation is Ok for my daughter........... Pls guide..........