stimming in tolddlers
Is it normal for a toddler (15 months) to stim by poking/ rubbing his eyes?  He does this whenever he is having his bottle.  We always hold him while he is 'nursing'.  I am a special education teacher and have seen such behaviors in older children with disablilites, but I am not sure about a normal toddler.  This is my grandson and none of my four children ever did this kind of thing.  He talks, points and communicates in many ways quite normally.  One other thing he does is bang his head, exactly 3 times and not very hard, whenever he is mad or told no.  grandma :)
I completed a sensory questionnaire about my son some time ago and one of the questions specifically asked if the child rubbed or poked their eyes.  But as you say I don't know as a toddler.  Has he reached all of his baby milestones?  Does he crawl and climb?  Do you have anyone else in the family with any developmental difficulties?  You say in many ways he is quite normal.  Are there any other things you think are odd or unusual?
Could it be he has allergies?  I  rubbed my eyes a lot. I think it was because they itch. Most of the time I've learned over the years to tolerate some eye discomfort, but I still have to scrach off goop (aka "sleep" or "sand") ever so often. Sometimes oil from my forehead gets in my eyes and causes discomfort. Other times eyelashes growing downard can be a bother.
You know, he has reached all of his baby milestones and even talks some.  He is very social.  Just has a temper I guess. I think the sensory seeking he does might be normal for his age.  I was talking to his mom and she mentioned that he only does the poking eyes thing when he is sleepy.  Thanks for you comments.  
If it is just when he is sleepy, then that is something I have seen in other toddlers.
Sounds pretty normal to me.