tenex for ocd on a autistic 8yr old boy
hello i hope some of you can help me im new to the forums, my son is 8yrs old and has autism,, hes on the outterspectrum, doesnt talk but says maybe 3 word combos here and there single words easily...
my question is recently we have been perscribed tenex for him his ocd has took over his daily living and its breaking my heart, i think we tried tenex years ago and it did the reverse.. al adhd meds do the opposite on him,
looking for users that know of or have tried tenex themselves on there child. for ocd. ty in advance. i heartbroken father :(
I found that in my son, who has a variety of mental health issues, guanfacine seemed to agitate him to the point that he physically attacked his older brother, literally 3 times his size. In addition, in a bizarre medication mixup, I had taken that medication in place of my regular medication and found the same to be true, I was extremely irritable and felt like I bordered on uncontrollable anger.

I would just keep this in mind when giving it to him, especially if there is already any underlying agitation issues.

On a side note, we have found that clonidine has been helpful with some of my son's ocd issues, as has citalopram.
Ty, for your post, we actually have clonidie and just started trying it. It does work but often seems to make him too sleepy at first. Will this wear off as he gets used to it?
Our 8 year old has been in Tenex for 6 months for ADHD and has been doing great!!!