Autism Community
what treatment is there for adult autism

This forum is for questions and support regarding ADHD, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Blindness, Bullying, Causes of Autism, Autism Therapies, Clinical Depression, Deafness, Dyslexia, Isolation, Mental Retardation, Social Alienation.

Can adult people with autism be treated ?

This discussion is related to Adult asperger disorder.
Tags: adult
If you mean cured, no. There's a lot of things you can find on the internet about special diets and the like, but a lot of it is speculation. Some people will swear by it and some don't notice a difference. Just make sure before attempting any diets and related, to get a test first. For instance, if you're persuaded to try the gluten and casein free diet, to get tested for gluten intolerance first. Other things suggested on the net can be fatal if done wrong (treatments that remove suspected mercury from the body). Even if done properly can deplete the body from certain vitamins. That's another thing to look out for.
I had a blood test and turned out I am not gluten intolerant. That rules out being celiac. Chances are removing gluten from my diet won't have as much effect.

With that aside, the best bet is learning how to cope, find accommodations, etc. For instance, if noises are a stress, look for ways to reduce those noises, or to protect the ears. I'm not sure if you are posting this question on behalf of yourself or someone else.
MY SON IS 12 AND HAVE SEVERE AUTISM  NON VERBAL/
AND I TTHOUGHT OF PUTTING HIM ON THE GLUTEN DIET BUT I DONT THINK HE BENEFIT NEIHTER.
HE HAS NEVER BEEN TESTED SO I COULD BE WRONG  .
THE REASON I THINK HE DONT NEEDED IS BECAUSE  HE DONT NEVER GETS SICK FROM TUMMY OR HAVE  CELIAC DISEASE .
HE EATS REALLYH HEALTHY  AND PUSH AWAY MILK AND DAIRY,AND IHE IS SMART ENOUGH TO PUSH AWAY WHAT HE DOSENT FEEL RIGHT
HE SMELLS EVERYTHING PRIOR TO SEE IF   HE IS OK WITH IT.
IF HE SENSES ANY PROCESED STUFF, BUTTER, MILK, ETC, HE WONT EAT IT
THIS KIDOS ARE SMART WHEN THEY GET OLDER THEY KNOW WHAT MAKES THEM ILL.
MY SON TAKES ADDERALL (adderrall) FOR HYPERACTIVITY AND ALSO HELPS AT SCHOOL
AND HELP HIM TO CONCENTRATE SO HE CAN LEARN ,ALSO HE IS AGRSIVE  BUT WITH THIS PILL HE DONT ACT UP.
HE ALSO TAKES A PILL X SLEEP .CLONODINE AT NIGHT AND HE GOES TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT.SO HE IS WELL RESTED AND READY X NEXT DAY
AS FAR AS THERAPY YES THERE IS ;
;ABA, SPEECH, OCUPATIONAL THERAPY,PLAYTERAPY, HORSE THERAPY,
ETC.... PROGRAMS X SPECIAL NEEDS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS.
ALL OF THIS IS GREAT X THE KID ,IT WONT CURE HIM IT WILL HELP ALOT.
BECAREFUL WITH CHELATION..
I NEVER DONE THAT , I THINK,IS DANGEROUS .
I COULD NEVER PUT MY SON AT RISK .