A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ANA test results can you help please?

Im 33 year old female who has been generally unwell for a few years, I have sought a second opinion from another doctor as I have some anxiety stuff going on but my doctor blames everything I have on my anxiety. but Im aware when its an issue and when its not.
I have had a heap of blood tests done and the Anti Nuclear anti body test come back at 80 and was fine speckled can anyone tell me what this means please?
other symptoms I have are enlarged lymph node on back of neck, feeling dizzy , loose bowels, feeling cold achy muscles and weird pains, sore hip joints lack of appetite and weight loss ( could be more anxiety related
1530171_tn?1362547225

1:80 is  "considered" as negative or  as there's little diagnostic value
even if it is on the positive.
Negative would technically be the last dilution where there's no fluorescense observed under the mircoscope and in your case it would be 1:160 (the amount of dilution doubles each time), but the one reported is the last one where there's observable presence of flurescence.
It can be confusing!

Best is not to rely too much on the these results, but rather have your doctor consider this along with all the clinical presentations and your  medical history.

Could you tell us about your other symptoms and brief history, like any other diagnosis, medications,allergies, diet and any significant past events  (trauma, accidents, loss, etc.)in your life?

Here's an excerpt from a study pertinent to the ANA test results.

"The dense fine speckled antinuclear antibody pattern in autoimmune rheumatic disease: Comment on the article by Mariz et al."

Dellavance et al (7) identified 81 subjects with available clinical data among 650 subjects who had a positive test result for ANA (titer ≥1:80) with the dense fine speckled pattern. Among these 81 subjects, 18.5% had organ-specific autoimmune disease (mostly autoimmune thyroid disease), 17% had ARD, and a further 20% reported arthritis. As the dense fine speckled ANA pattern is not consistently absent among patients with ARD, it may be premature to suggest using it to rule out this group of diagnoses.

Please post again!

Love & Light
Niko

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity