Autoimmune Disorders Community
ASCA IGG/IGA Positive-But no Crohn's

ASCA IGG/IGA Positive-But no Crohn's

Hello all..first i will list my positive tests then all the symptoms. My (anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae antibody)ASCA IGG (53.2, range 0-30), IGA (65, range 0-20), thought i had crohn's but colonoscopy was completely normal. Gliadin IGA (26, range 0-17), now on a gluten free diet..which has helped, was vitamin D deficent (took mass doses and now ok), boarderline anemic (although we believe that to be from my uterine fibroids-hysterectomy is scheduled).
Those are the only tests that come back really wrong!! Some others are slightly off, but not significantly.
I have had joint pain (mostly large joints, but small are effected now), fever, muscle pain, rashes (doctors have seen them but can't decide what they are), fatigue, back pain. And the more i try to be normal, the more i hurt (the doctors keep telling me to exercise, but i don't due to the increase in pain after ward). I haven't worked in 1 1/2 years, because i can't stand for long without paying for it later. I have been through countless doctors and countless tests over the last 2 years, I'm tired and just wish someone could do SOMETHING. I am unable to take NSAIDS due to allergic reactions, and can't do antibiotics due to allergic reactions to MANY of those! The only thing that seems to help is steroids and large doses, tried small doeses every day and it didn't help really. Does anyone know what the positive tests could mean if it isn't crohn's?
I have the same question. Last spring they found 6 bleeding ulcers in my colon and told me I have ulcerative colitis..maybe crohns also. I just had another colonoscopy and it came out clean. The doc doesn't know what to make of it. I've had joint pain and neurological disorders which got worse just after the first colonoscopy. Now my new rhuemy just had me take a test for Saccharomyces cerevisiae and it came out high! Both IGA and IGG.  I was also diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and osteo and another one. Whew!  I don't see my rhuemy for a couple weeks but I looked up on google what Saccharomyces cerevisiae means. It says something about Crohns and it also says it's a yeast. I am so confused.

You posted in January. Have you gotten any answers yet from your docs? Can you give me knowledge on this?
Thanks!
Have your B12 tested, and ask them to do a test for Intrinsic Factor Antibodies (it will test for pernicious anemia which can lead to all sorts of problems like you mention above.) I was just diagnosed with it today, and although I am still seeking answers on some other things, it explains alot. I have high IgG, but normal IgA, have had 4 colonoscopies, and they say nothing is wrong with me. I beg to differ.
Last time I was tested for B12 was about 6 months ago. It came out okay. I'm seeing my rhuemy this coming week and would like to ask him about the Intrinsic Factor. Please tell me what this is and what pernicious anemia is. My Ferritin is always low at 11-12. Non of the doctors seem to care about this.
Thanks!
Measure your Total IGA and ANCA
Repeat ASCA as well
Do a TB IGA and IGG
Do a Capsule Endoscopy
Be sure the Antigliadin IgG antibody test has been run - this pinpoints a gluten intolerance, NOT necessarily celiac. Also request a total IgA - low IgA represents a problem with the mucosal membranes throughout your body (my son has this, as well as high Antigliadin IgG antibodies). This will help you in choosing what to eat...and what NOT to eat. Get rid of gluten - get rid of all carbs and all sugar and see if your symptoms vanish.
I have symptoms almost identical to yours. My bloodwork comes back positive like yours, I have neurological problems like you. I had to check the name to see if I posted it. LOL. My dr said I did not have the typical symptoms of chrons but after the IgA (same as yours came back he say well you may have chrons but he still does not know. I know your pain and frustration. Anything new for you???
Have you been tested for Whipple Disease?
No I dont have typical symtpoms of Whipple.
I have almost exactly the same symptoms and test indications that you have. A colonoscopy and many, many blood tests, stool samples, etc have all been inconclusive, so I've been diagnosed with IBS. I found a website that helped quite a bit (www.helpforibs.com), but I had to modify the advice from this website slightly (through trial and error) in order to best control my symptoms.

I bought both of her books, but I only use the cookbook to give me a good idea of what to try eating, not as the end-all-be-all for my diet. The other book helped answer some of the questions I had, but again, I didn't find her information to be 100% applicable to me. Both books are definitely helpful and I recommend them to people with my symptoms, but with the understanding that it's not a diagnosis, but rather some things to try out. I think if you can find the book that isn't the cookbook in your local library, reading through it once or twice would be enough to figure out if your problems are related to IBS.

I was still having problems with fatigue and muscle/joint soreness (felt like I had the flu all over my body, but I almost never feel nauseous), so I tried yoga and meditation. I know longer have fatigue or muscle/joint soreness since I started doing yoga every morningbefore breakfast, followed by about 30 minutes of this meditation method called Yoga Nidra. I'm not sure if it matters what type of yoga, but I find Rodney Yee's voice relaxing. Amazon.com has a bunch of his CDs for sale for about $10 after shipping. I think the one I have is called AM Yoga.

There are tons of people who sell Yoga Nidra CDs, downloadable mp3s, books, etc, but the one I use is a free download from iTunes U (the section for Universities). It's from UCLA. If you do a search in the iTunes store for "nidra", you should be able to find the 3 files (I think they're titled "Yoga Nidra 01", "Yoga Nidra 02", and "Yoga Nidra 03.") in the iTunes U section. Again, they are FREE and they work for me, so I have not tried any of the paid downloads for Nidra, but if you do want to go with a paid download, or buy a CD, I would strongly recommend going with something you can preview before you download, since the speakers voice has makes huge difference to me regarding whether or not I feel relaxed while listening to it. The UCLA Yoga Nidra session (all 3 files make one session, totally about 35 minutes, I believe) is fairly religiously neutral and is not overly oppressive with the usually spiritual cheesiness that I have found when I've listened to some meditation sessions.
What does this mean???
I was trying to find out if I was allergic to wheat, gluten or had celiac disease.
Gliadin antibody IGA <3
IGG 9
I seem to have every symptom of celiac disease but am not sure what my #'s mean.
I also have had Radioactive Iodine treatments for my thyroid and am on 100% thyroid replacement. Not sure if that has anything to do with it either....  Thyroid TSH levels are normal range for me.
hanks for any help you can give!!!!