Autoimmune Disorders Community
Advice please

Advice please

I am a 43 year old female and for the last 12 months i have been having various symptoms which until now my dr hasnt been taking too seriously (i now have been told to go for blood tests). I am an older mum with a toddler and i am really worried about what could be causing my symptoms so if you have any ideas they would be appreciated.
I have constant pain in my back between the top of my hip bone and the bottome of my ribs either side of my spine. I also have constantly aching joints, including my finger joints, i have some numbness at the front from my hip bone about a third of the way down my thigh, my tummy is tender and i regularly feel nauseous. I am exhausted all the time and yet struggle to sleep at night. When i get up in the morning i feel like i have a hangover even though i havent been drunk i also struggle to focus for about an hour when i get up, wouldnt be able to read anything. I also have brain fog sometimes.  I had a mirena coil fitted about 18 months ago but im told that wouldnt cause these symptoms.
Hi there!  I am also new here...I am your age and have been having the same problems you describe, except some of my symptoms go back 15-16 years!  I have very similar hip pain, stiff hands and the backs of my wrists HURT.  My Dr just ran a series of tests -- B12 & vitamin D levels, checked for thyroid, and ANA levels, as well as checking my liver & kidney functioning.  She just referred me to a rheumatologist for further evaluaiton after my ANA test came back positive and all other tests were normal except my ultra low D levels (8 instead of 30-60).  She thinks I may have fibromyalgia or an autoimmune illness.  Ask your dr to check for same kinds of things!  Mirena wouldn't cause the symptoms, but fibromyalgia might!  Best of luck to you!
Yes, I am also thinking fibromyalgia.  Generally, the thing that helps w/ fibro is good sleep.  A friend of mine takes benadryl, but my dr. said he was not a big fan of benadryl, so I take a prescription that helps me sleep.  

The vit D, B12, thyroid and autoimmune work-up is highly suggested.  

Some things that can trigger fibromyalgia is stress, lack of sleep and sugar.