Autoimmune Disorders Community
Anti-nuclear antibodies

Anti-nuclear antibodies

Okay so I just turned 18 and got a blood test and the results came back that I had "Anti-nuclear Antibodies" and then it says "Speckled Pattern (Titre 1:160)"
The rest of the results are as follows:

"Moderate Positive titre. Titres of 160 or higher may be clinically significant of autoimmune inflammation.
Speckled pattern may be associated with specific rhuematic disorders such as SLE, SLE overlap syndromes, mixed connective tissue disease and Sjogren's syndrome, as well as with non-specific chronic inflammatory conditions. Suggest further testing with antibodies to dsDNA and ENAs if not already ordered."

The doctor ordered for these tests but I wont get the results for another 2 days time. I was just wondering if someone could explain what exactly anti-nuclear antibodies is and how it will affect me. The doctor explained a little but I was after a more extensive explanation.

Thank you.
Your titer is positive, but the titer itself is pretty low. Are you having any symptoms ? If so, please list them.