Aa
A
A
Close
Are these all connected?
My name is Megan and I'm 30 years old with one 2 year old daughter.  I have posted about her just recently, but wanted to post about my current situation to see if anyone had some ideas.  When I was in high school I noticed that I had white little patches on my hands.  I wasn't sure what they were at the time.  I found out when I was about 24 that it was vitiligo.  It has spread over the years and has taken control of much of my skin.  In 2005 I accidently locked myself out of our house and had to wait for 3 hours until my husband came home to let me in.  I was currently attening an online program for radiation therapy and was very loaded down with school work.  So, I'm guessing I was pretty stressed at the time.  Well, the next morning after that I noticed two or three red itchy dots on my arm.  I thought they were mosquito bites.  However, they kept popping up every where.  One morning I woke up and my eyes and lips were swollen.  One of my friends had had hives before and told me that they looked like that.  I went to an allergist early 2006 and was diagnosed with idopathic chronic uticaria.  In July of 2006 I had a major gallbladder attack and had to have my gallbladder removed.  The hives continued.  I went to a dermatologist later in 2006 and he ran some lab work.  My thyroid antibodies were thru the roof.  TSH was normal.  I was then diagnosed with Hasimoto's Thyroiditis.  I continued to have hives on a daily basis and many of the days angioedema was present.  In 2007 I visited a rheumatologist who did tons of labs.  My C-Reative Protein was high.  My ANA was positive 1:160 with a speckled pattern.  I tested positive for EBV.  All other lab was fine.  The only time I had relief from my hives was when I was pregnant with my daughter.  So far, it has been 5 years with hives.  I have them right now.  When i get flare ups they are almost impossible to live with.  My daughter now has an appointment next week with a ped. rheum. because she has been c/o right knee pain and her ANA was positive 1:160 speckled and SED rate was high.  

I'm sorry this is sooooo long.  But, I just wanted to get everything out and let people see what they think.  Any response would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I also wanted to add that I have since been diagnosed with autoimmune uticaria.  I have also been to Mayo Clinic about this and the only thing else they found abnormal was I was excreeting huge amounts of beta prostaglandin's in my urine.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources