Autoimmune Hair Loss
I have chronic telogen effluvium.  I also have Sjogren's Syndrome.  My hair falls out and grows back - the problem is the growth phase never reaches any fullness before the fall out starts again.  I am taking Plaquenil and vitamin supplements - D, biotin, multivitamin and fish oil.  I also take Moducare.  This was going on a number of years before I started Plaquenil and so I don't think it is the culprit. My dermatologist has no answer.  Have you any ideas?  Thank you.
Hi!
Iron deficiency is the commonest cause of hair loss. Iron deficiency can be due to poor intake or poor absorption or due to hidden loss from bleeding as is seen in UTI and gut problems like IBS. The cause of anemia has to be found out by various blood tests. Iron replacement along with diet rich in iron and hemoglobin should be given. Please consult a hematologist if iron deficiency is detected. Hair loss can also be due to dandruff, dermatitis, shampoos, oils, soaps, dust and dirt etc. Thyroid disorders and diabetes too could be a cause. Insomnia, stress and anxiety along with poor diet and excess of caffeine too can be the cause.  Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Thank you for the reply.  I will investigate these causes further.