Autoimmune Hepatitis
Is there any way I can reverse autoimmune hepatitis on my own?  I have been diagnosisd as having a mild case and have not been put of meds at this time.  However, my ALT and AST were in the nineties recently.
Hi!
In autoimmune hepatitis the body attacks its own liver cells causing inflammation and destruction, and hence yes, it is a serious disease. It can eventually lead to scarring of liver and liver failure. However, if caught in time, it can be managed with steroids and other immune-modulator drugs and has a slow course spanning several years. Often other autoimmune diseases like diabetes, thyroiditis, nephritis, anemia, and ulcerative colitis co-exist. Do discuss in detail with your treating doctor. While there is nothing you can do to reverse the process, your doctor can help you manage it well. One step is monitoring your AST/ALT, not smoking or drinking and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.