Autoimmune Hepatitis
I am writing hoping someone can shed some light on my recent lab results. 3 months ago I was diagnosed with Crohns disease and had a full liver panel test done which came back great. About 1 month ago I noticed dark urine and went back for a followup with my GI dr. Liver panels were again done and my enzymes were through the roof. alt of 1120 and ast of 783, total bilirubin of 1.6 with direct of .99, alk phos were 163. She immediately thought gallbladder so I had a ultrasound scan which showed my liver and pancreas looked normal, no bile duct dialation but maybe some sludge or very small stones. We have repeated blood tests 5 times thinking it would resolve if I had passed a stone but they continue to stay the same or rise. Most recently more blood tests were run including antibody tests. The following are the ones that came back abnormal. Iron serum, 209 (saturation and binding were normal) Ferritin was 1492, Ebstein Barr antibody IgG 2030, (Igm was normal), Ast was 894 Alt was 1328 , Total Bilirubin was 1.5 with direct being .85 and I did test positive for the Smooth Muscle Antibody. Protein and Albumin as well as all other antibodies were normal. She is sending me to a liver specialist thinking this sounds like autoimmune hep. I am just wondering if this can come out of no where. Could I have completely normal liver tests 3 months ago and have developed this in such a short period of time, or does that mean I could have had it for a very long time and the spike in lab values mean that I have severly damaged my liver. What does Ebstien Barr antibody that high mean, could this cause autoimmune hep??  I am 43 years old with 4 kids to take care of, will this kill me or require me to have a liver transplant?? Any help from anyone going through this would be so much appreciated
Has anyone of your doctors mentioned hemochromitosis it is when your body cannot get rid of iron. please look this up and see what you think.