Autoimmune Disorders Community
Autoimmune Testing Questions

Autoimmune Testing Questions

For 13 years I've had a positive ANA 1:640 or 1:320 homogeneous. For 3 years I've had a positive RNP (U1 nRNP). It was very high when it showed up. I also tested positive for both homogeneous and nucleolar patterns. What I don't understand is why I don't test positive for a speckled pattern. Could such results be indicative of a specific disorder. Maybe myositis or polymyositis? I have symptoms of it. I don't have scleroderma which makes me think it's not MCTD. I have been diagnosed with UCTD but my symptoms seem muscle related, I get weak, I have parathesia constantly and fatigue. My pain and fatigue are only controlled with prednisone. I have other symptoms also but the thing is,, I'm negative on all inflammatory markers and muscle enzymes, plus no organ involvement.

Hi maryalica40.

Hi MCTD is an Umbrella of overlapping of different symptoms and conditions like RA, SLE ,Scleroderma, Polymyositis .
UCTD is when there are NOT enough symptoms, so for the lack of a specific diagnosis, usually for Lupus, as it is typical when 3 out of the 4 minimum out of 11 criteria are present -for Lupus dx-, the answer is UCTD- just my own opinion, and done for dx convenience, just to have a label !

At the end of the day, you may have a variant of MCTD.
It does not matter though, as when the treatments offered, they are only for symptom management.
You would get real value, if conventional medicine had an undisputed cure for your condition, then , by all means it warrants doing whatever it takes
to get an accurate diagnosis. Unfortunately, it's a medical-merry -go-round
that misses the mark to make the rider happy.

Look into your tartaric acid levels-a muscle/tissue toxin.
Simple urine test to verify and easy to fix.
Carbohydrate avoidance/low carb diet and malic acid supplements, raw-organic apple cider vinegar is the best source will take care of it.

Also look into underlying pathogenic infections such as pathogenic Mycoplasma, Babesia , Bartonella,etc. not detectable with standard medical tests. Do a search her for Dr Garth Nicolson, a regular contributor to Medhelp and an expert in this field. Your doctor(s) is probably not knowledgeable or trained in this field of medicine.

Note this is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

best wishes!
Niko