Autoimmune Disorders Community
Autoimmune condition with raised thyroid autoantibodies - I don't ...

Autoimmune condition with raised thyroid autoantibodies - I don't understand!!

Hi there, just thought I'd follow up with what I have.

I was told by my doctor that I have raised thyroid autoantibodies and that my immune system is attacking my thyroid, however my TSH has come back at 1.50 and so because my TSH came back normal my T3 and T4 weren't tested. I've just come off a very unusual period - usual for me in a sense, but it was pretty much dark brown and black blood all the way through from day 1 to day 5 which I don't think is usual.

I was on the bus going to work today and I started to get chest pains. Remembering my nan had angina not so long ago and we have a family history of heart disease I started to panic but I'm thinking it could be anaemia? I did start to get breathless but I managed to get my breath back ok within a few minutes. On saying it being anaemia I am very pale and fair skinned, giving strangers the impression that I look ill.

Should I speak to my doctor about this? I know I'm currently having my thyroid monitored every six months and I'm not due back for another blood test until the start of August, but I'm worried that I'm getting more and more symptoms. Any ideas anyone?

Over the course of last night, I have also started to develop a congested feeling in my throat yet when I clear my throat there's no mucus which would signal a cold. I've also had my voice going hoarse as if I've lost it a little and I've got pains in the front of my neck and glands at the sides.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you
I have anti thyroid antibodies and my endocrinologist said I have Hashimoto's. I would suggest asking to have your T3 and T4 checked my T3 was way off even after my TSH was corrected with Synthroid. Once I started taking  Liothyronine for T3, I started to feel way better. I don't think the other symptoms you are experiencing are related to this but I am not an expert. You might want to consider asthma. I had similar breathlessness and chest pain the first time a year ago. I now can feel it coming on with tickly phlegm feeling. I would certainly see your doctor as soon as you can.
I have Hashimoto's, was diagnosed several years ago. Hashimoto's can cause shortness of breath. When you have an autoimmune disease, there tends to be overlap of symptoms and even diseases. Just because you only have one diagnosis, it doesn't necessarily mean you only have one condition. A good rheumatologist will know to look for other issues. As for Nutrinut_bob, his disbelief in autoimmune disease does not really change the fact that it exists. There is too much empirical evidence to ignore. Because of the nature of autoimmune disease, we have enough problems with diagnoses without having people invalidate our entire medical history with comments such as his.
I with you OldFatChick! I and many others struggle with various over lapping coming and going symptoms as we sort through this autoimmune mess.