Autoimmune Disorders Community
Autoimmune

Autoimmune

I have been diagnosed with Graves desease. What are the chances that I will develope or already have another autoimmune desease?
Hi Bella.and karajo.
It sounds like this could be fibromyalgia, but you need your doctor to send you to a rhuematologist,to do further testing to find out what s going on.
Fibromyalgia is connected very much with thyroid disease.

How long have you had the Graves disease for?
What meds are you taking for the Graves?

Dont give up bella, this needs sorting out so you can lead a normal life, and also treating so you have a better quality of life.

Hope this helps, please keep me posted
Nicola
Hi.
Graves disease is an auto-immune thyroid disease, because i have it.
Once you have one auto-immune disease you can get others.
You can get multiple auto-immune diseases, so if you think you have another illness on top of the graves, then look into it.
Are you having another auto-immune disease symptoms.?
I have vitiligo, and raynauds, also, but i get rashes, and get unwell and they dont know what it is.
Hope this helps.
Nicola
Thank so much for answering my question I am very confused. My endo that I have been seeing for a year now has never even mentioned to me that other auto-immune diseases could be possible. I found out from my primary Doctor. I do have some very strange symptoms that my endo doesn't think is caused by my graves but he doesn't seem to be interested in finding out what is causing them. Every joint in my body hurts everyday. My hip bones my knees my ankles my neck my back and I have numbness in my feet and hands almost everyday. I dont enjoy life anymore. I feel like an 80 year old who just whines and complains all the time. Im sick of myself! I wish I could just find out whats wrong and fix it once and for all.
Have they checked for RA or lupus?

Hi Bella.and karajo.

Hope this helps, please keep me posted
Nicola
I was diagnosed a year ago and I am taking tapazole. my primary dactor suggested an autoimmunne blood panel kit. It cost about $350.00 and I have to mail it in myself. He said it checks for several different autoimmune diseases. Have you ever heard of this test and do you think it is worth it. I just spent $3400.00 out of my pocket for 3 MRI test and an MRA so I was wondering if anyone had heard of this blood test.
Do you know if thyroid problems cause the joint pain and the tingling Bella is describing here?
Graves disease, can cause a burning tingling feeling. I know because i have had it, and it is similar to neurological symptoms.
The joint and muscle pain could be fibromyalgia, which has a strong link with thyroid disease.
I would ask for a rheumatologist referral, for a full evaluation.aa

Hope this as helped
Nicola
I cannot offer any gr8 medical knowledge as I am having my own confusing symptoms but my husband taught me a lesson that has helped to make my life a little easier to handle with all the problems and misery I am dealing with.  That is; enjoy and be grateful for the good day(s) because they come rarely.  Enjoy every good moment and it will help on the bad days.  It doesn't help at all with the pain.  It doesn't give you any relief from your symptoms but it does help me to remember to be grateful and to enjoy my moments of feeling well.  Which I desperately needed because they come so few and far between.  I sincerely wish you the best and I hope your doctors are better than mine.  I am left to just try to get by with pain drugs.  Not answers or solutions.  God Bless
Thanks Teawah for sharing those words of wisdom. It hard to be thankful sometimes when you feel so bad.  I know that I should be a stronger person and I tell myself all the time to just suck it up and move on. I know that there are people who are in a lot more pain than I am but sometimes I do tend to let it get the best of me.  I never thought that I would be a part of any type of support group but it really does help to know there are other people going through the same things that I am. Most people dont understand unless they have been through it themselves. Thanks again.
Hi Bella.
Its nicola, (thyroidian).
I hope you are ok, and i would be asking your doctor for a rheumatologist referral.
This could be fibromyalgia, this as got very close links with thyroid disease, and can affect the muscles and joints, and cause numbness and tingling too.

I hope the graves disease is being kind to you, i know what you are going through because, i have been in your shoes, and its miserable, and you think there is no end to the symptoms.
I have had two thyroid surgeries due to uncontrollable graves disease.

If this is fibromyalgia, there are treatments on offer for the condition, thats why you need a referral, just so youre suffering doesnt become longterm, and your quality of life gets seriously affected.

Im wishing you well Bella.
Hope you get this sorted soon.
Please keep me posted
Nicola
Thanks Nicola. I am going back to my endo on July 28th and I will ask him for a referral. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your well wishes
Alisa
Good Luck, for the 28th July, fingers crossed you get a referral.

Wishing you well.
Please keep me posted
Nicola