Autoimmune
Is Pantoprazole Sod Dr 40...a required companion when prescribing 40 mg of prednisone for Hemolytic Anemia-----If so, Why?   (Also, whenever I take prednisone, when having a hemolytic anemmia  flare-up---it affects my blood sugar---big time...is there a way to prevent that from happening?
Hi!
Steroids are known to cause spikes in blood sugar levels. Hence, while on steroids you will need to take extra care of diet, exercise regularly and may need to increase your sugar medications if you have diabetes. If you do not have diabetes, you may be able to manage the sugar spikes with diet control and exercise.
Pantoprazole is being given to avoid steroid induced gastritis and acidity. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.