Autoimmune Disorders Community
Autoimmune??

Autoimmune??

I have been doing some searching today, trying to find some answers.. I have been doctoring for pain in my left side (just above the waist) for nearly a year now.  SOme tests were run by my *local* doctor earlier, and of the 4, it looks to me like 3 were abnormal..Sed rate was only minimally high I think @ 23: CRP_Qualitative Positive: and  ANA was Speckled 1:640 and Nucleolar 1:640, with a Suggestion follow up anti-SSA testing (which was never done.  I have seen SO many doctors, and it seems I DO have stenosis of the lumbar spine, but have been told by several that they do not believe the pain where I am having it would be caused by that.  I
ve gotten so I do very little (which is not helping), but I can do very little then need to sit for a while, until the pain eases.  My *local* doctor seems to think I'm depressed or something I think.. and yes I am getting depressed because this has been going on continually for a year now, the end of this month.  Any suggestions as to who I should see to get to the bottom of this would be appreciated.

I am not a doctor but .....I can only relate that I do not have stenosis of lumbar but
my pain in that area pain was much worse by sitting, lying, standing still....walking however, made pain better..
have you had mri,cat scans? Obviously you had something like that which showed stenosis?
I have never had autoimmune test ANA ...I have an autoimmune kidney disease and autoimmune Hashimoto's thyroiditis..
But I certainly had pain in area you speak of only on left side.. nerve pain from facet joint arthritis of lumbar 1thru 5 ....which radiofrequency ablation has resolved .. by 50 % .....
I would suggest a spinal anesthesiologist...
It is terrible to not know..and I have had depression issues about not being as mobile ...and friends disappear, or mine seem to have...
I have seen the same spinal anesthesiologist for 10 years and he started by giving me cortisone shots to spine the mid abdominal pain radiated around to lumbar spine..sometimes felt like it was an ulcer, but stomach issues were ruled out.
    after initial lidocaine shots to the lumbar specific nerve in question caused the area around to stomach,waist area to numb pain, then radiofrequency nerve ablation was done.
I speak of this to say you are not alone and my hope is that these forums might give you hope and questions to ask your doctor.
Blessings

They