Autoimmune Disorders Community
Can lupus be triggered by overexercising?

Hi, I'm a 21 years old male, I've been having a lot of symptoms, seen several doctors and finally ended up on a rheumathologist who thinks I can have lupus.
Apart from some anxiety issues, I had been feeling perfectly until July 14th, date in which I went running, overexercised and ended up with purple fingernails which have remained that way since then.
A week later I developed other symptoms including dizziness, headaches, blurred vision, some fatigue and pains which never stopped.
My next appointment with the rheumathologist is next week, he had ordered some blood tests and I already received the results, I'll write them down here. What do you think? Do I have lupus?

ANA - negative
Anti-DNA - negative (8.2 Ul/ml)
Anti-Scl-70 - negative
C-ANCA - negative
P-ANCA - negative
C3 - 83.3 mg/dL
C4 - 17.5 mg/dL

Please, your answer will be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
no answers?
Im a 37 yrs old male and  similar issues from overexercising on exactly the same day as you (14th July). Fortunately i do not have the headaches but on the other hand i do get tingling sort of numbness in my arms and feet. I also have a white tongue. Routine blood/stool/urine tests do not show anything, but i`ve been asked to see a specialist in autoimmune disorders sometime next week. keep you updated on that.
wow that is amazing, I'd like to know more about your symptoms, please do keep me updated, by the way, I also got a white tongue from that day, I was wondering if it's oral thrush and whether it has anything to do with at least some of my symptoms or not. And I also have tingling and numbness in my arms and feet.
I think ANA negative means its unlikely you have Lupus...but im no doctor. I believe my symptoms are caused by some kind of fungi/yeast invading my body.Here`s a home test to check for fungi http://www.adhdrelief.com/CandidaTest.html. Do it first thing in the morning.
Until i meet up with the doctor im doing the following things. Taking plenty of probiotic drinks (Like Yakult), neem capsules -250 mg, 3 a day (1 1 1) and 2 yoga asanas Salamba Sarvangasana, and sirsasna.In Korea Neem capsules are available, not sure if they are available where you live. Please do the yoga only if you are comfortable doing it, especially the sirsasna...(in view of the fact that you have headaches). In my opinion (again i`m no medical expert) may be linked to fungi and the above are natural ways to fight the fungi. Ive noticed improvement in all symptoms within a week of trying this. Anyhow lets see what my doctor says. Hope you get better soon mate.
Hi mate, thanks for the information provided. Sorry for being so curious, but let me ask you some more things. Is Yakult the only probiotic you're currently taking? If not, what else are you taking? Was the improvement you got very noticeable? How much did you improve?

I strongly agree with your fungi theory as I've been also researching and getting to the same conclusion. I'll keep you posted if I get news from my research. Thanks for your help mate, I hope you get better soon too.
Hi. Im taking only Yakult but any good probiotic should be OK. Ive also decided to minimize sugar, beer and carb intake. My body aches and tingling has reduced noticeably. I just hope it does not flare up again. The tongue is still white but its reduced just a little. let me know about your findings too.I think it`s going to take some time and discipline to fight whatever is there in the system.In the meanwhile i`m just trying to stay calm (I`ve got anxiety issues too).
sure mate, I think you should actually take a look on what I found. I'll PM it to you.

Can you tell me all the symptoms you got since that day?
I saw the links . Very useful info. My symptoms are:
Mild fever to begin with which lasted 2-3 days. I took some prescribed antibiotics for that, no fever since. White tongue from day1, Body ache from day1. Extreme fatigue after about one week.Tingling and numbness started about after 2 weeks.