Autoimmune Disorders Community
Celiac? Diabetes?

Celiac? Diabetes?

Well...I remember the day I was at my dads (Sunday) and every meal, that I eventually noticed, had gluten in it. The next day, Monday, I checked my weight in the morning...I lost about a pound. It stayed that way...but today I had a flash of stomach/intestine pains, and it did feel odd because I never experienced it. I didn't think anything of it until when I checked my weight when I got home, if I can remember correctly, it looked like I lost more. Now, my weight seems kind of staying in place. I'm kind of feeling worried about this...I don't think it would be Celiac's disease, or Diabetes because I nevere get the symptoms of diabetes. Celiac disease, I read can cause anemia...well I was anemic. I am not really anemic right now anymore. About 4 months ago, I went a week without eating, and about 2-3 months later, I was anemic. I am not sure if it was from the week without eating or Celiac disease.
Hi!
Well just one episode of eating a meal rich in gluten and losing weight on it cannot be taken as gluten sensitivity or intolerance. You need to maintain a diary and check this for yourself. Do you get bloating, loose stool, weight loss etc, after a gluten diet. Also, you can opt for gluten sensitivity test.
Anemia can occur due to several reasons. So, you need to consult a doctor and undergo investigations to find that. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.