Autoimmune Disorders Community
Chronic fatigue is ruining my life!

Chronic fatigue is ruining my life!

How do you deal with chronic fatigue? I work and sleep, I can never shop on a day that I work, and never clean or do laundry unless it is my day off. I never attend family gatherings, and I never leave my small circle of the city. HELP...any uggestions?
Swedish researchers investigated 219 patients suffering chronic fatigue for more than 1 year. Using fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy they found 87 of these patients had definite cytological lymphocytic thyroiditis (Hashimoto's thyroiditis - an autoimmune disease and the most common cause of hypothyroidism in the western world).

In other words, 40% of patients with chronic fatigue had proven Hashimoto's thyroiditis!  Of these 87 patients, 50 had a TSH level within the normal reference range and 37 were outside the reference range. The upper TSH limit at 5mU/L.  TSH values were scattered (median 3 - 8 mU/L). All 87 patients were treated with thyroxine and proved favourable irrespective of baseline TSH . The study was published in The lancet Volume 357, No' 9260, 24 March 2001
Hi lpage1516.
Welcome to the forum.

It's a tough life, but there are things you can do.
1. Go really low carb. No sugars, even artificial ones,
no sodas, no baked goods , no breads, no pastas, no grains.
if you can't, then just do whole grain bread or pasta ocassionally.
You see, carbs feed yeast metabolites, tartaric acid feeds off yeast metabolites, and since tartaric acid is a tissue toxin, you will experience fatigue or pain or both!
malic acid supplementation helps. best source is raw organic apple cider vinegar, the unfiltered kind with the mother of the vinegar in it.

2. Shallow breathing promotes build-up of lactic acid.
Go to the normal breathing website for details on how to breath properly.
Conscious deep breathing, multiple times daily will help immensely.

3. Check for deficiencies. You need a complete nutritional panel, tissue analysis for minerals- specially magnesium. Also have you electrolytes
checked.

4. You may suffer from adrenal fatigue. Have you done a complete hormonal panel? Also you need to check thyroid function-hypothyroid type 1 and type 2.
Type 2 is not usually checked, but it is very prevalent.

5  You may also need to do a heavy metals detox.

6. Have you been checked for underlying low grade infections?

I know this may be a lot, but you needn't rush anything.
Just take your time to research and explore these suggestions.

Many of the answers you're looking for, are within these aforementioned recommendations.

Please post again or PM if you prefer.

Take care.
Niko
Thank you so much for your response, I will be printing this off and taking it to my next appointment. I really appreciate your input...
Happy Holidays,
Lisa

Thank you very much, I will take this information with me to my next visit and see what they say, I have been tested for hypothyroidism year afte year and my results are always within normal limits.    
If you're going to pursue Red Star's recommendation, here's some additional info:
Look into Gliadin test (urine), by Cyrex labs. They test 12 forms-not just the alpha ordered by most doctors- of gliadins regarding gluten intolerance (not necessarily digestive).
Now they can also test which part of the body is affected.
Most Hashimoto's sufferers have gluten intolerance and don't even know it!
The gluten molecules-mainly from gmo grains- resemble the TPO molecules and thus the immune system in its response against gluten, attacks the TPO in the Thyroid also!
I have some of my own ideas regarding autoimmune. This is one!

And also , as I mentioned earlier, check for type 2 hypothyroid.
If you want an audio interview with Dr. Starr, an author, researcher and Hypothyroid expert, google his name and ************ ( I don't have it handy). It's  very educational.
If you have difficulty, let me know and I'll look for it.
Cheers!
Niko

Don't expect much from taking the info from these posts to your doctor(s).
Most likely it will be dismissed or frowned upon, unless they are very open-minded!

Cheers!
Niko
Thank you Niko,
I am going to take this post with me.  I also have a diagnosis of Celac Disease (biopsy diagnosed) ten years ago  and lupus. I do follow a strict gluten free diet, in fact my whole house is gluten free.  The lupus was diagnosed this past February after positive anti smith and ANA test results came back, however, I have had severe fatigue most of my life.  I would just like to feel good enough to enjoy my family.

I suffered from this for a long time, after investigating and trying many  many cures I researched the qualities of Aloa Vera, I self medicated for approx 6 months, The A.V. had to be 100 per cent non diluted, and I was soon up and runnig againn, try it , you have nothing to loose
I have a friend w/ chronic fatigue and she says the same thing about Aloe Vera gel.  She says it helped her greatly.
Thank you, this is the first that I saw this post...I will certainly research this and give it a try. Nothing to lose, right?