Aa
A
A
Close
Cimzia injections and severe welts
I have rheumatoid arthritis, and started Cimzia "initial" injections which are three rounds.  After the three rounds of injections, I was to start maintenance injections.  I never started the maintenance injections because I developed severe mouth sores and swelling, welts all over body that popped up during my sleep at night,and upper respiratory infection.  .  Apparently, it was fungi and bacteria which my doctor recommended I take (orally swish and swallow) nystatin 100,000 units w\azithromycin 250mg.  The meds did help, but my mouth has yet properly healed.  I have been off Cimzia for 2 months, and afraid to start maintenance injections.  Currently, not taking anything for RA.  These welts are the strangest...they come while sleeping at night.  I have created my own treatment for these by rubbing fluocinonide cream combining it with aloe vera.  This offers a little relief for me to go back to sleep and the welts seem to be almost gone by morning.  In addition, I became very constipated.  I will never inject with this med again.  Before my doc suggested I take Cimzia, I was on Humira.  From Humira, I got allergic reactions from the site injections.  I would wear an icepack for 3 to 5 days to reduce the swelling.  If these companies can create such wonderful medicines for RA (which really does enable you to walk and have a life), then where is the research for the improvements on the horrible side effects.  Can't they do something about that???
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
Top Autoimmune Diseases Answerers
Blank
Queensland, Australia