Autoimmune Disorders Community
Could It Be Addisons?

Could It Be Addisons?

Hi; I've been progressively getting weaker and weaker for over a year now. I feel really nauceous all the time and very dizzy and faint. I passed out a little over a month ago and had to go to the E.R. but they just said it was an episode of syncope. I've also been feeling extremely exhausted, to the point where I'm barely able to stay awake now; because it has gotten worse. I also tremor all day long, and my feet twitch. I feel really irritable a lot; and it has been confirmed that I have orthostatic hypotension (my heartbeat is 80 bpm at rest; then from sitting to standing it jumps to 130 bpa everytime I stand up) but the doctors don't know what's causing it. I went to an endocrinologist two weeks ago and had a cortisol test: the dr. sent a letter to my house and said my results seemed normal, yet he put me on Florinef and said to come back after a month of taking that. I have since been feeling even worse and I've been having tenderness and stabbing pains on both the upper left and right sides of my abdomen that radiates to my back. My knuckles on my hands have also started to hyperpigment.
Something has to be wrong but I don't know what it is? Please Help if you can
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. If you have a primary care doctor you could ask him to run some compreensive antibodies test on you. Your symptoms are still generic and it could be some sort of autoimune disease (and believe me there are plenty around!) or something completely different. Just be firm with your doctor and ask him for copies of your results... do it as soon as possible... and keep us all posted  :-).
Best Wishes! Debbie22