Autoimmune Disorders Community
Crazy Headaches Please Help.

Crazy Headaches Please Help.

Hello, I have been having this weird headache for about a week now. It is located between the left ear and middle of the back of the head. It hurt more to touch this area it seems really sensitive and for some reason I when I am eating my head just leans to the left as if it weighs a bit more. I have been having anxiety attacks recently but am unsure if this is what causes the constant headache. I have a doctors appointment coming up in a few days but would like a basic assessment before hand. Any information on this would be great.
Along with this headache I feel the following sympotms:

Feeling of weakness/fatigue
Chills
Feel like vomiting at times(never has)
Chest pains
Do not have an apitite
Lymph node pains
for some reason at times I cannot seem to find the right words for a sentence
I forget things often

I have taken alot of Advil and Tylenol only to find no pain relief,I should also inform you that I have been put on Meds known as TEVA-LORAZEPAM 0.5mg for my anxiety and to help me sleep at night.
I have had an ultrasound on my stomach and heart along with an EKG and chest X-ray
all turned out well. Blood test for cbc and 2 other things turned out fine.
Am I just worring about this to much or is this pain for real and something serious to be checked out? Any possiblities on what this could be?
Thanks alot
Chris
I have had this same headache before.  I am no expert. But I think it may have been TMJ.  The muscles in my jaw would get tense and my head hurt in the back and went all the way down my neck, I took muscle relaxers and it has disappeared.  

hope this helps
but get your hormones checked also, I have many auto immune issues and now that I see the list of your symptoms it could be many things.  
Thanks, I will for sure get some other tests done as my doctors appointment is tomorrow.
My anxiety doesn't help what so ever ahah, I am constantly thinking the worse about the pains. Just today different symptoms started to occur like the headache pain is now in and around my left eye/cheekbone, my pointerfinger on my right side gets a weird pain trough it, More gassy than ussual (burping and other realeses even after a glass of water),I do find a hot bath calms me down often but not 100%.
I have recently moved from Calgary Alberta Canada to Cape Breton Island and the altitude drop is significant. I am wondering if this could be a factor? Also now I am living near the ocean so maybe its a virus or flu that I have not been around for untill now. This was about a month ago the move occured, but the sympotoms and pains started 2 or 3 weeks now. Another weird thing is I have gotten an IV placed into my hand and that was 3 weeks ago but my hand is still bruised, could this be something to do with my white blood cells? They dont seem to get better or worse from this time on, just a random symptom each day. Maybe this is a bacterial infection making its way through my body? At any rate my appointment is tomorrow and hopefully it goes away soon along with the fear and anxiety.
May I ask what Immune issues you have had?
Thanks again for you information =)
Cheers
Hi chips .
I have had headaches for 12 years plus.
But now i have been diagnosed with APS= Antiphospolipid syndrome.
This can give you headaches memory loss,etc.

Hope this has helped
Nicola
Does this APS give you all them symptoms I have listed above? I will for sure bring this up and ask for a test upon this syndrome.
I thank you for your information.
I fear it would be a tumor or something along them lines.. The pain has been increasing at night and causes me to close my left eye when it hurts.
I too have had a CT scan when I was younger and I was told I had Cluster Headache/migranes
I have not had a headache this intence ever and its been there for a while now.
I visited the hospital a few times but the headaches were not so intence during them times. Seem to increase after my use of TEVA-LORAZEPAM (for anxiety and sleep) I have only taken 3 tablets so far so could this be my body getting used to the affects?
Again thanks alot for your information
=)
Hi Chips.
Oh the answer to your question is yes.
APS is an auto-immune disease, diagnosed by having two simple bloodtests.
Those being .....
ACA- Anticardiolipin Antibodies.
LA-  Lupus Anticoagulant.

Those are the two tests to diagnose APS.

APS, which is the Antiphospolipid Syndrome, can cause a whole range of symptoms, Headaches, being a major factor.
It is known as Sticky Blood, which causes the blood to clot a lot quicker than ususal.

Hope this has helped you

Nicola
hey Chips!
I have cluster headaches in my left eye, my left nostril runs.  I have had many MRIs and they are all confused still 3 years after initial MRI.

I have been told I have either benign pituitary tumor, autoimmune hypophysitis and or pituitary hyperplasia.  I also have hypothyroidism and or possibly a hypothalamus dysfunction...But finally I know the only HYPO I'm not...is a HYPOchondriac

Your symptoms sound similar to possible autoimmune issues!  The biggest problem with autoimmune problems is the symptoms are so general...ie, "I'm cold, I have headaches, my wrist hurts, I'm tired...etc, etc"  These could be ANYTHING! I would suggest seeing an endocrinologist, who would do some blood work and possibly send you for an MRI.

Good Luck and update us on what your doctor says!
=)
Hey meeshelle01,
I have been to the doctors many more times after the lat post, only for them to say its anxiety and stress related. I am now taking meds called Zopiclone 7.5 mg to help me sleep (they do not work to great) i still wake up at 4 am after taking the meds at around 12:30 am. This morning i have woken up extreemly dizzy and with a running nosebleed. There is a pressure in my head caused from the headaches im getting most likely.

I wonder what the cause of all this can be. . i also look very sick (pale and tired) alot more than ussual. im always cold feeling and im getting mood swings more frequently. Nobody seems to take this seriously. Maybe I am just a sucker for high anxiety and stress and not even understand why. Or maybe there is something that the doctors are missing or not telling me. They have not givin me any head scans or mri as they see its not nesessary because its just "anxiety" and they see no point on giving me the radiation that the scan will cause. That being said, it makes my grandparents (who take me up there) believe it is anxiety also so telling them is hopeless. I fear a tumor or something else, but none the less there is nothing i can do as nobody seems to want to make an attempt on the scan.. Like you i have had Cluster migranes (migraines) throughout my head growing up that would freeze my body and leave me in a paralysis state with a throbing pain. I have had bloodwork on my thyroid and for blood clotting but nothing more.. after them tests they assumed i was fine and i was just having anxiety attacks. The worst is my memory is going down hill and my nose keeps running on both sides. My eyes get strained out very easily and my neck aches from time to time. sorry for this whole thing to sit into one paragraph im just to on edge to think or to even relax really. I do notice however that when i lay down to sleep  am very tence kind of like im flexing my body and my eyes are trying to shut alot more than they need to like im forcing to sleep. I can enter stage one of sleep but i cannot enter actualy refreshing sleep state. I must also let you know that I have been a marijuana smoker for 2 years with not a day go by that i havent smoked for that time period. I just went cold turkey the night i been feeling sick and ever since i moved home the "pot" supply is low so it keeps me off it. Would it be possible that this is just withdrawls? The reason for getting off pot was of me being so parinoid i couldnt hang out with my friends and i wasnt myself.