Autoimmune Disorders Community
Desperate!!!

Desperate!!!

Dr. Nicolson,
I am a 35-year old RN who has been suffering for the past 9 years. I was just recently diagnosed with mycoplasma pneumonia, and have been diagnosed with EBV and CMV in the past, and present. I also have HHV6. I used to go through phases of remission and relapses, but this last time, no remission for 9 months. I was an active, healthy woman whose life has been robbed by these bugs.
I am currently on the mycoplamsa protocol in Orlando, with the only doctor who specializes in this.
I have been on Zithromax and NAC for 3 months, along with a slew of supplements. I did Tindamax, 250mg a day for 5 days, then 500mg for 5 days, of which I lasted a total of 9 days. On the 9th day, I went into SVT, which eventually slowed, along with a plethora of other exotic symptoms. I stopped all antibiotics for 10 days and relapsed. I take Zithromax M, W, and F, and have taken 2 doses since I relapsed. My dr. wants me to start low dose prednisone and Valtrex, as my CMV titers are escalating. Not sure I want to take the predisone, even though it's low dose (40mg total daily x 5 days), because I am a nurse and don't want to catch any more infections, or experience anymore side effects. Eventually my dr.  wants me to continue with low dose Tindamax for the soft shelled eggs (eww), and he saus there's no other treatment to get rid of them other than Flagyl, which is just as nasty as Tindamax.
I want your opinion on what I'm taking and how, and if possibly we may be missing anything, in medicine or diagnoses. My symptoms are horrible. They come and go minute to minute, hour to hour, fluctuating in severity. I have muscle weakness, aches, lightheadedness, humming sounds in my head, extreme malaise (the worst symptom yet), fatigue, palpitations, racing heart, skipped beats, acne, chroic stuffy nose, etc. I'm sure you've heard it all before. There are extremely scary, because I feel like there are getting worse, and I am afraid my body won't be able to handle much more. I want to know what the long-term consequences are of these diseases, treated and not, and what path you think I should take. PLease help!!

This discussion is related to Weird Symptoms - Which AutoImmune is it?.
anyone can respond if they know anything.. i didnt know where to post the question bc im new here..