Autoimmune Disorders Community
Does Anyone Have an Opinion?

Does Anyone Have an Opinion?

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 3.5 years ago. I have still been going through scans and tests on weekly basis. Now a  Colonoscopy will be done next week, last week was a endoscopy which found some blood and my stomach lining is enlarged, probably explains why I Feel like  I am 10 months pregnant. I am so bloated and crampy on top of all the intensiving  pain over the years I know things are getting worse. My eyes are are deteriating as the months go by. I go to eye Doc and she says my eye strength has not changed yet it is now to the point where I can not read what I am typing nor read my medication bottles. I am so scared at this point that I cry nearly everyday and my poor children have lost their Mom they once knew. There are so many different issues being Cronic (chronic) (chronic) Extreme pain, vision issues,terrible back,hip,inner thigh pain just to name a few areas. Numbness in hand daily, I could go on forever. Now I was tested for sleep apnea as I keep falling asleep throughout  day with no control. Sorry I have carried on, but I am now in panic as the meds are no longer working and living the rest of my life like this is an unbearable thought. I also forgot to mention Doc that I have extremely severe sweats which I never had and I simply cannot eat due to this nauesa. Sorry to ramble. PLEASE?
Hi!
Since you have severe sweating, extreme tiredness and  excessive need to sleep, you must rule out hypothyroidism, diabetes, anemia and low blood pressure first. Your PCP can help you with this. If all these are ruled out then it is possible that you have narcolepsy, which is a neurological disorder. This is thought to be caused by low protein called hypocretin, which is made in the brain. The symptoms are an urge to sleep especially after meals. Sleep studies and EEG are done to rule out other causes of poor sleep and insomnia. Eating light and frequent meals during the day helps. Also assigning a nap time during the day often helps. You can take a light meal before this. At times some ante depressants are prescribed to control the symptoms.  Do consult your doctor and get a referral for a sleep specialist and a neurologist.  Other possibilities are pancreatic insulinomas causing a surge of insulin production after meals, hypoglycemia and an urge to sleep. In women it can also be due to PCOD.
If there is deterioration in reading, then your eye sight cannot be normal. Please consult an optometrist and get this investigated. Maybe you need reading glasses. If there is no refractive error then causes like benign intracranial hypertension, very high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis etc should be ruled out. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
I sympathise with you.this is exactlky the same as I am going thru.i am sure my eyesight is deteriorating as like you I cant read meds .last week I had severe lower back pain so kept the apt I had with the practice manager and my Dr even tho the meeting was cancelled as practice manager was sick.because I had had lower back pain fro about 4 days.dr said it was muscular .then on the Saturday I woke with the most excruciating pain in my lower back and left leg so much so I couldn't walk,get in and out of bed,put socks on etc.i wa slaid up for two days tehn things eased a bit.i had used a hot water bottle and hot and cold compresses.i am still in pain in my leg and walking my dogs this morning was so slow and painful.i still cant sit fro more than 2 mins and end up standing to eat my dinner.my dr still wont listen and the rheumatologist did nto listen either.so I am seeing a private dr tomorrow .my brother is taking me and my sister in law will be there fro support(I hope),even if drs are rubbish at least we have each other here.my dogs realize something is wrong with me. they hate being left and both sleep on my bed cuddling up close as they can.my staffie  X know3 swhen I m upset and will put her head on me.