Does this sound like Reiters syndrome?
About 6 weeks ago I had a sporting accident that cause me low back pain and sciatica down my left leg. This healed in the normal manner, but about 2 weeks later my right ankle and one of my toes on my right foot started to become very swollen and painful. I put it down to me limping on it a lot due to the sciatica in my other leg. Then my other ankle started swelling and becoming painful. The doctors ran blood tests which showed a high PCR count and a elevated sed rate, but they still didn't know what the problem was. Today my knee has now started to swell, despite me taking anti-inflammatories for my ankles. I was diagnosed with Reiter's syndrome about 15 years ago after a urinary infection, but have had no trouble since then, I'm only 29 and lead a very healthy and active lifestyle. I told the doctors about this previous diagnosis and they seem to agree that this is the problem, and I'm waiting to see a specialist to confirm the diagnosis.  My concern however is that Reiters is triggered by an infection or a virus and I simply haven't had one, nor do I have any other symptons apart from the swelling. So in essence I only have one sympton of Reiters, which makes me think it could be something else, but as I have no other symptons its about the only thing that fits. I have to wait a month to see a specialist, so really I'm just after a bit of peace of mind that it's nothing else!

Thanks for any help!
hi,  I found this blurb on the net about Reiter's duration, "While most cases resolve on their own, some patients do get persistent disease or symptoms that remit and relapse. "  Also found this, "Reactive arthritis is usually self-limiting with resolution of symptoms by 3-12 months, but symptoms may persist for 12 months or more.
About 15% of patients develop a long-term, and sometimes destructive arthritis, enthesitis or spondylitis.
There is a high incidence of recurrence, especially in those who are HLA-B27 positive.
Recurrence of disease may be triggered by a new infection or other stress factor. "

I think a sporting accident could count as "other stress factor"