Autoimmune Disorders Community
Does this sound like autoimmune?

Does this sound like autoimmune?

Last year I went through a horrendous time with hyperthyroidism.  I had a partial thyroidectomy, but never felt normal again since then.  My T3 and T4 have been within normal range since the surgery, although my TSH is very low.  I'm wondering if I have some type of autoimmune disorder on top of the thyroid disease.  Some of my symptoms are definitely thyroid-related, but others are not.  I seem to have periods of a month or two of feeling somewhat fine, and then all of a sudden I get hit with whatever this is for a few weeks.  My symptoms are: severe neck pain (to the point of vomiting), low-grade fever, malar rash from sun exposure, extreme fatigue, overall body weakness (sometimes to the point where I cannot stand up), swollen lymph nodes on and off, slight swelling of face in the a.m., and my hair falls out by the handful.  So far bloodwork has come up negative for anything, although I'm not sure what exactly I was being tested for.  Thyroid function seems to be fine as well.  I'm fed up with feeling this bad and not having an explanation.  Can someone lead me in the right direction, or at least recommend what kind of dr I should see?
Hi do you take thyroxine since your thyroidectomy? What are your freet3 and freet4, and TSH results?if you could post them maybe i could help?
Also what was your hyper thyroidism due to was it graves disease?
Have you had any thyroid anti body tests?
If so which ones did you have? and have you been tested for graves disease which is a auto-immune thyroid condition?
Hope this is off any help? maybe you could do with some free t3 and freet4 tests

T hen if they are all ok, then look to something else maybe.I have graves disease and have had two partial thyroidectomies, and your symptoms sound pretty much like mine,
and i go up and down.
Do you have a gp or an endo?
Good luck i hope its off some use to you
Great advice above.  The symptoms you are describing could also be from Lupus and it can take quite a while for it to show up in your bloodwork.  Keep going back for testing with a rheumatologist.