Autoimmune Disorders Community
Don't know who to see

Don't know who to see

In Feb I believe that I have contracted HSVII (will need to wait 16 weeks for blood work to show positive) I have been experiencing all sorts of symptoms and have read that viral infections can trigger auto immune diseases. For the last 4-5 weeks I have been experiencing swollen eyes at night. It started off that eye really burned or felt as if I was rubbingt them all day. I have had them checked twice by two different Dr's. I have also been experiencing thyroid pain but all blood work showed in the normal range. I have tried benadryl to help with the eye swelling at night but that doesn't work. I did have a small spell of constipation and slight fatigue. I have a Dr. appt on Friday and I don't know where to begin or what tests to have run. I really would like this eye swelling to go away as I feel it is damaging the skin around my eyes and making it droop. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hi!
Puffiness of one eye is usually due to a localized cause like infection, abrasion of cornea, foreign body in eye, maxillary sinusitis of same side, lacrimal gland infection, infection of hair follicle of the eye lid etc. Discuss these possibilities with your eye specialist.
Both eyes can become puffy in sinusitis, upper respiratory infection, conjunctivitis or due to fluid accumulation due to heart/liver/kidney problem.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
What auto immune diseases could be associated with ONE swollen eye? I have been having 10-15 minutes of neck (thyroid pain) burping often. waking up with the swollen eye. It seems one is worse than the other no matter which way I sleep. It all seems to go away or pretty much subsides by mid day. I am getting  worried