Dry mouth and sore ears: not diabetes or thyroid problems
For about 4 months now, I've had a dry mouth.  It keeps me from sleeping more than 8 hours a night (I need 9).  A few weeks in, my ears started hurting a lot.  I had gone to the doctor a few months before and he suggested I might have problems with my TMJ, but it went away until a few months ago.  On and off I have had throat pain, but it ususally goes away.  I've had mild weight gain, even though I had started working out again right before this happened.  My neck feels a bit swollen at times, but I had a blood test done for my thyroid and it turned up normal.  I also had a CBC and a test for diabetes, which all turned up normal.  I've tried biotene, but it does nothing.  The biotene creates more saliva in my mouth, but my mouth feels a bit burned.  I used prilosec OTC for a week because I had very mild acid reflux, but nothing worked.   Does anyone know what this might be?  I had a doctor tell me it could be Schogrens Disease, could it be that?
I am having the exact same problem.  It started out w/ a soar throat w/ puss pockets.  We've tried various heart burn meds.  It has developed into a chronic dry cough.  Nexium has helped, but has not completely taken it away.  I've raised the head of the bed 2-3 inches.  That has helped some too.  You could also try not eating spicey food or right before you go to bed.  

It can be Sjogren's.  The ENT is suspicious that my problem is Sjogren's because I have dry eyes/skin/hair, etc and sometimes my salvia glands don't produce salvia.  He told me Sjogren's is a progressive disease and sometimes the lab and biopsies don't reveal the disease until it has progressed.  Sometimes this takes years.  I do know that Sjogren's usually is secondary to some other autoimmune disease.  (I may be wrong, but this is what I've read)