A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elevated ESR, higher lymphocytes and lower neutrophils

Hello:

I am a 37 year old male and recently received the results of some blood work are here is what fell out of "normal" range:

ESR: 21
Lympocytes: 4.27
Neutrophils: 46.60%

I also had cholesterol out of the normal range:

Cholesterol HDL: 35 (lower than usual)
Triglycerides: 212

I was also recently diagnosed with hypertension and have been taking medication to lower my blood pressure while we figure out if anything else is wrong. Well, the blood results are back. I currently live in Spain and am taking ATACAND PLUS, which contains: CANDESARTAN CILEXETILO and hidroclorotiazida

My maternal grandmother died of leukaemia at age 73 (I think it was acute myelodysplastic …something). Do I have something to worry about?

What could the elevated ESR, higher lymphocytes and lower neutrophils mean?

Thank you in advance.
Related Discussions

An elevated ESR (AKA: Sed Rate) is elevated in people who have inflammation.

Increased lymphocytes (are you sure your result is 4.27 ? Usually increased lymphocytes range are >40-50%) are seen in virual infections, hepatitis, influenza, CMV, herpes, mumps, bacterial infections, hematologic (lymphocytic leukemia, etc.), inflammatory disorders (ulcerative colitis, ITP), Endocrine (adrenal, thryoid) and leukemias.

Decreased neutrophils can be seen in patients who have bacterial infections, viral infections, hematologic, iron deficiency anemias, autoimmune disorders, immunosuppression and other conditions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...