Autoimmune Disorders Community
Gallium nitrate to combat autoimmune disease?

My mum's got an unknown auto immune disorder. Her ANA titre is around 1:1200,  Nucleolar Speckled pattern. Tests for other antigens have so far come back negative.

After the many articles I've read, I've come to believe that her disorder might be caused by bacteria/nanobacteria infection. I've also read on the many wonders of gallium (i.e http://www.webelements.com/nexus/node/1167 and http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070315210325.htm). I've thought that if there is in fact an infection that gallium should definitely help.

My understanding is that this is only administered intra-venously? If so, what dosage would be appropriate, and more importantly, who might take this approach to help? Also, my mum has hypertension and type 2 diabetes [on medication for both]) would this pose any risk?
Gallium nitrate has shown improvement in a few people we know that have fibromyalgia (they also have diabetes and CHD). They also are now using the vibration exercise machine with good results and having to use less pain meds.

I personally do not like the "IV" method for gallium. Those that I do know that are taking it, use it orally is a very small amount (1 cc of 42% gallium nitrate) in a liter of water and drinking 2--six ounce glasses a day. You have to do your own research on this too. So much of our diseases are from various infections from our environment, food, work, contaminants, hydrocarbons, etc., I was so surprised to find good results from those with calcified arteries and stones in kidney (also fibroids), in those that took gallium. Also seen one person get her A1C numbers better on it too. So you never know what will work with one person and not with another. So don't go out and get this without doing your own reading. Many health care professionals do not agree and there are some that see no harm if the patient is aware of the various side effects (some are minor, some can be damaging if not taken correctly). Also get baseline for bone density, kidney and liver function and has been ruled out for the various normal infections. Anyone taking this has to be well-hydrated and those on "water" pills, perhaps will have to watch their intake and output carefully. Also, those with kidney stones should have baseline sonogram, as some stones are from calcium and can dissolve and travel down the system and can cause a blockage--so many issues, but those that I have personally met taking the gallium have had only positive results with little discomfort. We really need a larger study on the calcium issue vs. nanobacteria vs. gallium nitrate for many diseases. Good luck in your research.