Autoimmune Disorders Community
Gallstones - This topic below is not listed

How can I regulate liver function and/or reduce gallstones,with out removing my gallbladder? Are there medications to reduce or remove gallstones? Is there a diet? I have had 3 painfull episodes lasting 2 to 4 hours in the last 6 months. Blood test indicated an elevated liver function...I do not drink alcohal (alcohol) and am not sick otherwise, so hepititus is out.
Any Ideas?
  • Fibro or not? (16 replies):
    I will try to make this as short as possible. Like prob...[more]
  • gallstones (3 replies):
    Is it possible to have gallstones after your gallbladder...[more]
I had a coworker tell me about a liver/bowel flush he did that included apple cider vinegar and I can't remember what else.  But you can probably look it up on the net.  He said it flushed large yellow stones out of his system.  He had the diahrrea for 3 days with this "flush" recipe and felt wonderful afterward, and his liver enzymes were back to normal.  Also, Milk thistle will help to repair any damaged liver, and L-Carnitine, 1000 mg per day, will help flush fats from your liver.  Ask the doctor for Lopid to flush more fats out.  See if that helps.  Personally, I've heard of doctors using lasers to blast the stones into powder, but I can't remember if they were able to vacuum them out after or if they still had to remove the gallbladder.  I have heard that once you've had stones, the gallbladder is no longer functioning.  It will need to come out no matter what, even if you were able to flush the gallstones out with this recipe!  Good luck.  I had my gallbladder out and it was painless, and I was up and throwing large blocks of cement into a dumpster for hours, two days after the surgery.  No problems.  It was laproscopic, so there were only four little holes in my tummy.  It's really no big deal!  You'll be fine.