Autoimmune Disorders Community
HELP!

HELP!

I have had Hashimoto for 7 years and have been fine, i also have Fibro. I have been tested for RA ,limes, lupus and every other autoimmune disease there is out there bout 4 times all come back negative. I am in knots wondering and waiting for another autoimmune disease to hit, I  have read that once you have one that you will get more, but I have had a Rhuma, a Endo and two family doctors say that is not right. They tell me that I am fine and will be fine. I have since developed neck pain,ear,eye and face pain, ringing in ears and blurry vision at times, I have gone to an eye specialist and she said that all I have is dry eye, then I read that RA causes dry eye and she said no it is just dry eye!!  I took a bath tonight with epsom salt and got a bad rash everywhere so I am really thinking that I have something else! The head stuff could be from TMJ since I have diagnosed with that. I dont know, I am tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop. Oh also 3 of my family members have Hashimoto and no other autoimmune, Do you guys think I should just breath and know that I am ok?
My comments here would be similar to a previous post, so please check recent posts near your post.

Hashimoto's patients often if not always have chronic infections that cause the condition.  They also usually have other signs and symptoms, and this can lead to incomplete diagnoses for other autoimmune diseases (such as RA, Lupus, etc.).  

In addition, they usually have other signs/symptoms that appear to be unrelated to their major complaint ( in your case, tinnitus, but this could also be visual problems, GI problems, etc. among others).

When such complex cases are examined for the presence of chronic intracellular infections, they usually come up positive.  Importantly, successful treatment of the chronic infections, which is not easy and takes some time, generally results in reductions in severity of symptoms, and often eventually complete recovery.

Prof. Garth Nicolson
Im sorry after reading your comment I am left with confusion, I am not a doctor so I have a hard time understanding.