Headache, Easy Bruising, Cold Hands/Feet
So I have had constantly cold hands and feet for a while now, and didn't think anything of it because Raynaud's runs in my family, but then I started getting constant headaches practically every day which have been coming for month's now. They are either early morning or early afternoon usually although they can vary, and they're like a throbbing in my frontal lobe usually. I went to see my doctor but she just told me to eat more food, and get more sleep, and drink more water. I did what she said but the headaches haven't gone away. Sometimes advil helps sometimes it doesn't and I can go through a 24 tablet bottle in less than 2 weeks. Then the bruising started and it's weird because I get them really easily, and they hurt no matter what, but sometimes the bruise shows, and other times it hurts, but there's no sign of bruising, just the weird pain. Do these symptoms ring a bell to anything? Thanks for the help.
Hi!
Cold peripheries or cold hands and feet can happen due to peripheral vascular disease or disorder of the circulatory system outside of the brain and heart. Other causes of cold extremities are hypothyroidism, eating disorders like anorexia, Vit B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease. Since you are bruising easily, peripheral vascular disease, vit B12 deficiency, adrenal disease and thyroid disorders need to be ruled out. You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!