Aa
A
A
Close
Help for a 21 year old female
For the past 3 years I have been getting progressively worse. It began with muscle pain that quickly spread to all the muscles and joints in my body. My current symptoms are: joint and muscle pain, joint stiffness, muscle weakness, joint and muscle swelling (very bad), cold hands and feet that turn purple and blue when in a lot of pain, decreased mobility, fatigue. My family has a history of Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Until currently I have not tested positive for anything. However, at my last physical 6 days ago I had a blood test that showed the following:
   Immunology:
          ANA by IFA, IgG            <1:40
         Anti-Nuclear Ab (Ana)     Detected*A
I was asked by the nursing staff if I had RA or some other autoimmune disease, I have another doctors appointment on Monday.

My question is is the presence of the Anti-Nuclear Antibodies means anything with my current condition? My joints are become very painful. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I am a 21 year old Hispanic female with a history of lupus in her family.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
230948 tn?1235847929
uk2
with your history of lupus and the now raised ana suggest a auto immune disorder and i would say lupus or RA plus you talk about cold hands and feet turning different colour this could be raynards syndrome often seen in lupus i have this but it can also be a completely separate condition it effects the blood vessals in the hands they contract and cause pain and colour changes in the skin i get it in my feet and lips too. I guess by now you have been to the dr today and hopefully got some better info. good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank