Autoimmune Disorders Community
Help with autoimmune

Help with autoimmune

My 17 year old daughter has hashimoto thyroiditis. Currently not on medication because her thyroid is still functioning.  She also has antibodies for lupus and scleroderma.  Although the doctor has not officially diagnosed her as having those conditions.  
I would like to get her involved in things to help her body.  I was informed by her doctor not to give her supplements as they can harm the liver long term.  I would like to get her involved in maybe yoga, have massages and maybe saunas... although the sauna seems like a good idea , to help get the toxins out of your system . I was wondering if raising your body temperature would cause the antibodies to go crazy.
Any other suggestions that would be helpful to her would be appreciated.  I cannot sit around and wait for these diseased to take hold.... Thank you
Daily multi-vitamin. Some supplements may harm the liver is true, but to say all supplements will harm the liver is ignorance. That is the best thing you can do, make sure she is getting all the nutrients her body needs. Hashimato's by itself is terrible (I have it). Can't imagine having lupus and scleroderma as well. Exercise as well. Once the symptoms start kicking in for these diseases you may notice she will have less and less energy.

Good luck God Bless and remember "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger".
I forgot to add, studies show supplementing with Selenium 200mg a day  in some Hashimato's cases will reduce antibodies significantly. Personally, this has not worked for me but may help your daughter.

Cheers.
Thank you! what are some of the symptoms you have experience with your hashimoto?  At what age did your thyroid quit functioning? Did the medication help you?
Love the quote! My daughter has it written on her mirror in her room. I hope she is strong enough to handle what may be ahead of her!  Thanks and God Bless you too!
second opinion!
the longer you dont treat the hashimoto the more damage it is doing on her thyroid. normal level on paper dont mean much if she has symtoms (symptoms).
good book thyroid power. dr. richard shames.
hope all goes well.