Autoimmune Disorders Community
High Basophil

High Basophil

I had a splenectomy about 20 years ago and have Bergers disease. Now my Basophil % (sysmex) BASO %) is at 1.5 what does this mean
Hi!
High basophil count (only basophils increased) is generally seen in allergies and worms in stool. Hence you need to rule out these two causes. It can be high in polycythemia vera and leukemia, but this would also increase the RBC and other cells. Count can also be high as a part of chronic inflammation, cancers and radiation but none of these are causes of only high basophils.
Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.