Autoimmune Disorders Community
How many are negative ss but have it

How many are negative ss but have it

Just educating myself. Are there patients showing negative on ss a and ss b or only showing positive on ss b and still have sjogren's? If yes, did you show positive on other markers such as ana, smith antibodies, anti- dsdna, sed rate or c-reactive proteins? I hope someone will respond!
Hi!
To confirm Sjogren's Syndrome, you need to undergo two main tests:  anti-nuclear antibody (ANA) and rheumatoid factor, the latter because it is possible to get SS secondary to rheumatoid arthritis. Typical ANA patterns in SS are positive SSA/Ro and SSB/La. SSB/La is more specific for SS while SSA/Ro can be present in numerous other autoimmune conditions. So it is more important to focus on positive SSB/La. If this is negative, then yes, you may need to undergo other tests such as dsDNA etc. Apart from these tests, Schirmer's test to measure the production of tears, and a slit-lamp examination to look for eye dryness should be done by an eye specialist. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for replying! I have diagnosed dry eye syndrome and am taking evoxac for dry everything else plus restasis and steroid eyedrops. Unfortunately all tests are negative with only weak positive for ss. Monday I am testing for vitamin D and retest TSH which is always normal. I guess me and my team of doctors will just have to wait for more symptoms to show up.